Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, January 12, 2009

shock ~ Nine-year old Hetul Shah creates history


The top tables at the 7th Parsvnath International Open Chess

Nine-year old Hetul Shah creates history

Nine-year old Hetul Shah created history in the first round of the seventh Parsvnath International Open Chess tournament, defeating Grand Master Nurlan Ibrayev of Kazakhstan. Parimarjan Negi was thus far the youngest ever Indian to beat a Grandmaster - in 2004 Biel Open at 11 years he beat GM Ivan Nemet.

"I have never beaten a GM before, so it's a momentous occasion for me," said Shah for local media. "All that I did was believed in my game. I was a pawn up in the opening itself and by the middlegame I had two-pawn advantage. All that I needed to do was play safe and I managed to win."

Asked if he will participate in the U-10 World Championships in Greece next year Shah replied, "I don't know. If I get sponsors I would definitely go

For More Detail:Click Here
Source: http://www.chessdom.com

No comments: